14 days late but worth the wait, eh? But seriously, my birthday is on the 10th, so I like to view my “new year” as beginning then..it’s the perk (and probably the ONLY perk) of a January birthday. I trust you all had a fabulous 2012 holiday season and your new year is beginning with zest and productivity! Without further ado, here are a few of my “challenges” that i’m setting up for myself in the new year.
1) Spend more time outside, and more specifically at the beach. We live 2 MILES from the beach…just a simple drive and we are there, yet I don’t feel like I fully take advantage of that. So, this year is the year! I want to spend more time walking outside, playing with Kine at the park, and doing activities that give this lady a little vitamin D.
2) Make dinner at night. Sounds easy enough, but admittedly ever since Kine was born I have had a hard time finding the groove I was in beforehand of making a fulfilling dinner each night. Lately we have resorted more often than not to the same things each night (pasta, spaghetti squash, frozen meals from Trader Joes..in that order), and I want to be better about meal planning and getting creative in the kitchen!
3) Save more money. Stop spending money on “things” I don’t need. Enough said on that subject.
4) Declutter. Declutter. Declutter. I am so sick of looking at stuff we never use and just sits there. Out with the old!
5) Get dressed (mostly) every day. Before you laugh or make fun of this, hear me out. Yes I get dressed every day, but as of late my routine has turned to just work-out clothes or comfy sweats. I get dressed on the days I give piano lessons or have meetings outside the house. Otherwise you can find me in whatever I would wear to the gym (if I went to the gym). This year, now that I am a mom and a woman in my late 20′s, I would like to set a standard of looking put together most days. We’ll see how that goes.
Now, still working on my word of the year for 2013, so stay tuned for that. In the meantime, stay warm in this FRIGID California winter weather (kidding peeps..)and get outside and enjoy the fact it’s not 10 degrees below zero!